WHAT TO PREPARE?
1. DOWNLOAD ODIN s5360 HERE LINK
(Extract after download)
2. USB CABLE of your galaxy Y.
3. PC or laptop running windows or later OS.
4. Your Galaxy Y GT s5360 device.
5. DOWNLOAD latest KIES from here LINK
PREPARATION BEFORE FLASHING
1. Back-up all your important files from your device, like contacts, messages etc.
(Flashing will wipe all your data).
2. Ensure that your phone is fully charge or above 50% charge. (If your phone had an auto-shutdown history, and its too old, use a newer or good working battery.
3. Remove the SIM card and the external memory card. (not necessarily but recommended to avoid any certain issues)
4. Hard Reset – We often do hard reset before flashing to clean the memory cache of the phone. Master reset code *2767*3855# .
Setting up the Samsung Galaxy Y into Download Mode and Connecting to PC.
- CONNECT YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY Y GT S5360 TO YOUR PC USING USB CABLE
1.You need to set the device into download mode in order to let Odin recognize it. To set into download mode
Turn OFF the phone, then hold and press the three buttons Volume Down + Home + Power Key simultaneously, you are then opted into download mode screen use the Volume Up button to proceed. If you’ll still not get into download mode, remove the battery a couple of seconds then put it back again and then pressthe download mode button combination again.
2. RUN ODIN downloader on your PC desktop or LAPTOP.
3. Load the firmware in the designated button spaces.
- PIT – “totoro_0623.pit”
- BOOTLOADER – “BOOT” file.
- PDA – “PDA” file.
- PHONE – “MODEM” file.
- CSC – “GT-s5360-MULTI-CSC” file.
RE-PARTITION, AUTO REBOOT, F. RESET TIME ARE ALL CHECKED.
Once the phone displays the Android robot and says “Downloading…” Connect the phone to PC with the supplied USB cable. Odin will automatically recognize it if it’s properly connected, the ID:COM mapping will highlight to color yellow and says “added” on the log box.
Hit the “Start” Button when all are set perfectly to begin flashing.
CAUTION: Avoid touching the phone while the flashing already started, any interruption will result into serious issues like soft-brick or hard-brick.
Let the flashing completes, a progress bar displays until the firmware downloading process finishes. It only takes around 3 to 5 minutes, depends of your PC speed.
When a word “PASS” appears, it means that the flashing is successful. The phone will then reboot and after completely rebooted it is now safe to remove it from computer’s connection.
- AFTER flashing, language selection will prompt after the reboot. Choose language depending on your choice. because the default language will be in Indonesian.
IMPORTANT: This rom has an issue of “unexpected SD card Removal error”. So you need to update your firmware using KIES for the latest “OFFICIAL FIRMWARE UPGRADE FROM SAMSUNG”.(recommended)
- AND YOUR DONE.. YOU HAVE INSTALLED/FLASH STOCK ROM ON YOUR DEVICE!
This is only for educational purposes and I will not be responsible for any damages that may happen on your device. Do it on your own risk.